Rio Puerco Bridge
This Parker through truss located on the historic Route 66 was built in 1933. It was fabricated by the Kansas City Structural Steel Company and erected by F. D. Shuffelbarger of Albuquerque. Its 250 foot length is one of the longest in New Mexico. Repairs and remodeling were completed in 1957. This structure was replaced in 1999 and is being preserved by the New Mexico State Highway and Transportation Department.
submitted by Paul Mackey